Saturday, January 31, 2015

Welcome to my blog.

My name is Myra Joann Carroll, and I want to welcome you to my page about primitive dolls.  Thank you for taking the time to check it out!

My hobby is making dolls.  I have been making them since I was 14 years old and needing a present for my little sister,  I made her a set of twin dolls from a pattern that I found in an old McCall's magazine and my Mom's quilting scraps.  My little sister loved these little dolls so much that she wore them out, and she is still after me today to make her another set, but I have not been able to locate the pattern again.

When they are finished my dolls look a little too pale to me so I have to dirty them up a just little with a kind of wimpy tea dye, but I do not care much for the completely grungy look of the folk art dolls.  I guess you would call my style a cross between Raggedy Anne's and Folk Art dolls.

These are some of my dolls.  These pictures were taken at the Dollywood Harvest Festival in October 2009.








No comments:

Post a Comment